Although my background is in education on a graduate level, photography has always interested me from the time I was a teenager. I grew up with a father who had a darkroom and a spirit for adventure.
I have been fortunate to study with award winning photographers such as Jay Maisel, Vincent Versace, Arthur Meyerson, Dana Allen, and Seth Resnick, which has deepened my appreciation and skill in photography.
The qualities that attract me in photography usually have a graphic composition or linear component. Color plays a large role in the way I see. For me, a picture is an everlasting moment in time to be savored, because moments are all we have.
2018 • Palm Beach Photographic juried show exhibition of Kaktovik Alaska Bears, Jan 2018
2017 • First place winning portfolio "Looking Through", Jay Colten Memorial Award, Palm Beach Photographic Centre, February 2017 • Palm Beach Photographic juried show exhibition of two selected prints, August 2017 • PhotoPlace Gallery, juror selected print for exhibition in "The Decisive Moment" show, January 2018
2016 • Juror's Selection in "Trees" competition, NYC 4 Photographic Arts, July 2016 • Honorable Mention in "Trees" competition, NYC 4 Photographic Arts, July 2016 • Palm Beach Photographic juried show exhibition of two selected prints • Honorable Mention in "Primary Color" competition, NYC 4 Photographic Arts • Juried show exhibition of two selected prints "Too Many Babies" and "Novices Just Want to Have Fun" in Scene on the Street contest, PWP • Juried selection of “Gecko” and “Butterfly” macro photos in “All In the Details” contest, PWP
2015 • Group exhibition at Atlantic Gallery, NYC December 2015 • Solo exhibition at Swifty's Restaurant, NYC Oct 6th - Dec 15th • 1st place winner in NYC 4 Photographic Arts Urban Landscapes competition
• Palm Beach Photographic juried show exhibition of three selected prints
• Juried selection of Greenland photo in "Whims of Weather", Professional Women Photographers
• Portfolio selection of Cuban photo series, Palm Beach Photographic Centre
2014 • Portfolio exhibit of Greenland, Palm Beach Photographic Centre
• Honorable mention of Namibia and Greenland photos, PWP
• Juried selection of Greenland photo, Palm Beach Photographic Centre
• Group show exhibit "Interior Lives" two Cuban photos, National Arts Club
• Daily Dozen photo selection of "Even Polar Bears Eat Sushi", National Geographic Online Magazine
2013 • Finalist of Myanmar Novices portfolio, Palm Beach Photographic Centre
2012 • Honorable mention of African photos, Palm Beach Photographic Centre
• Honorable mention of "Frenzied Wild Dogs, Botswana", Santa Fe Juried Show
2010 • Exhibit of Churchill Polar Bears photo series, ABC Home
My work is held in private collections as well.